LSU Health will host
in recognition of National Transgender HIV Testing Day
LGBT+ Cultural Sensitivity
Speaker: Mitchell Handrich, APRN, FNP
Nurse Practitioner, UMCNO HOP Clinic
Use the following link to register:
The participants will be able to:
1. Discuss the differences in LGBT+ persons and what makes them unique from other minority groups.
2. Explain the vulnerabilities that LGBT+ persons face, focus being on transgender and gender non-conforming.
3. Discuss culturally competent terminology and practices for creating a gender-affirming clinical environment.
4. Discuss how to make medical facilities welcoming to LGBT+ persons.
Successful completion of this activity requires the following:
1. All attendees must register for the program via the web site provided. Once you have registered, an adobe link will be provided to join the webinar.
2. After the presentation an evaluation will be sent to the email provided in registration.
3. The evaluation should be completed and returned to SCAETC per the link provided in the email.
4. Once returned an attendance certificate will be sent electronically to the participant.
For more information regarding training, contact Danielle Pierce @ 504.568.5646 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
This project is supported by the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) under grant number U1OHA29290 for the AIDS Education and Training Centers. This information or content and conclusions are those of the author and should not be construed as the official position or policy of, nor should any endorsements be inferred by HRSA, HHS or the U.S. Government.