Clinical Case-Aided Led Learning (CALL) – with guest clinical expert Gerhard Mundinger, MD
This learning opportunity is a discussion of clinical cases, specific to transgender patients, among healthcare providers via web-based conferencing. Participating providers may submit cases for the group discussion at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/Clinical_CALL.
Target audience: Healthcare professionals
1. Describe common and not-so common clinical care challenges when providing health care to transgender persons and various strategies to address these clinical challenges.
2. Use current clinical practice guidelines in providing comprehensive care to transgender patients.
3. Recognize the unique health care needs of the transgender patient and means to assure they are addressed.
4. Identify institutional and social barriers that hinder the health and well-being of transgender persons; and how these can be overcome via various approaches.
5. Evaluate various strategies to address these clinical challenges.